Thursday, November 17, 2011

An Easy Way to Give Thanks


385 miles later and I am sitting in a little motel circa 1952 in Eugene, OR. I'm on my way back home to keep my very pregnant sister company until my little nephew arrives. I decided to stop halfway into the drive, because it is a loooong trip to do all at once...alone...especially if you have a tendency to get sleepy driving...even after three mochas. So here I am. I just got my laptop back after having the hard drive crash and losing all of my docs and photos. Sad times. Now I finally have a chance to share this little project I threw together a few days ago.

The Thanksgiving decorations are looking a little slim at my house this year. So I was super excited when I came across this freebie over at Sugartotdesigns that can be put together so easily. I think it took me about 10 minutes!

Remember this thrift store frame from the baby shower? This was a great new use for it.

You'll need:
- a large frame
- free printable from Sugartotdesigns
- cardstock in colors and patterns that suit your fancy
- scissors
- gluestick
- dry-erase marker


 How funny is this extreme gluestick? I like feeling extreme while crafting.


Print off the freebie in the color you like (Sugartotdesigns offers four colors to choose from). Back it with a solid-colored cardstock. Then arrange patterned papers behind and close frame. So easy!


 I hung the frame in our dining room. 


Simply use a dry-erase marker to fill in what you are grateful for. The beauty is that you can hang it up at the beginning of the month and then fill in something new every day counting down to Thanksgiving. It's a nice reminder each day of the blessings in your life. Here are a few of mine:





I think it would be fun to have a separate frame for each member of the family on the wall to think of something new each day. Kids would love to be able to write on the wall. Or you could take a ton of thrift store frames and arrange them randomly on your dining room wall on Thanksgiving day. As guests arrive prompt them to fill in something that they are thankful for. It would make a great conversation piece as everyone sits down for dinner.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...