Friday, January 13, 2012

Goals for 2012

I usually don't make HUGE New Year's resolutions. I tend to make a long list of mini goals to achieve and better habits to adopt throughout the year. This year I made my list as usual. Then I came across this manifesto idea by Aileen at Creating Clever. Inspired by the manifesto, I made my own (of sorts) ...


Sorry about the somewhat blurry screenshot view. As soon as my printer decides to be my friend again, I  plan on printing this little beauty and framing it around my house (bathroom, craftroom, fridge, nightstand) to remind me to get my butt in gear.

fearless in the kitchen: I find myself thinking "that seems like a lot of work" or "I'm no chef, how do I do that?" No more of that. I'm gonna try new techniques and new ingredients. I will make more things from scratch. I will not be intimidated.


work out: I stole Aileen's line: "work out until it shows, then work out some more." I like the idea of working out 'til it shows, instead of a goal weight or size.

attack book pile: I have a long list of books that I want to read. I'm currently reading The Hunger Games trilogy. Love it! I'm gonna keep trudging through the stack of books I'm dying to read, then pass them on to a friend.

healthy recipes: It's real easy to make something taste good by adding 4 sticks of butter, heavy cream, loads of cheese, or a bucket of chocolate. But I wanna find recipes, that the guys at poker night would demand seconds of, never knowing that they're healthy or low-fat.

explore: As you may know I began Project Butte 52 to explore my new home and learn to use my new camera.

the bikini: Cue scary music. I realized that I've never worn a bikini in my adult years. Never. It's always a bikini top with board shorts. I'm determined to be confident enough to wear bikini bottoms this year. When I do, I'm forcing Ryan to take me somewhere tropical and I'm gonna rock that bikini!

Have you all made a list or have a resolution for 2012? I'd love to hear about 'em!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...